‘Sup people! One of my favourite things to do is come up with new recipes; I just love being creative and experimenting with different ingredients. Today my experiments paid off, because this salad turned out great! Chickpeas, sweet potato and cauliflower are the main components, with a few fresh cucumbers in there as well. I’m usually not a huge fan of balsamic vinegar, but together with rosemary, quinoa and roasted veggies, it’s waaaay better. Plus, there’s no greens in this salad, which is a nice change! I kept my salad vegetarian, but you could totally add some grilled chicken on top to make it a heartier meal. Here’s the recipe for my Balsamic Roasted Veggie and Quinoa Salad:
Makes 4 servings
For the Roasted Veggies:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets, washed
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- A bit of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary leaves
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 sprigs of green onion, chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all of the roasted veggie ingredients in a large bowl, until the veggies are covered in oil and vinegar.
- Spread out the veggies on a sheet pan covered with parchment and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- While the veggies are baking, cook the quinoa and cut up the onion and cucumber. Mix it all in the bowl the you want to serve the salad in.
- Prepare the vinaigrette, mixing the oil and vinegar until combined.
- Once the veggies are ready, mix them in with the quinoa mixture. Pour in the vinaigrette and toss the salad.
I hope that you like this quick recipe. the sweet potato and balsamic work really well together, and the fresh cucumber sort of brightens everything up. Thanks for checking out this post, and stay tuned for a crafty tutorial coming soon!!
Yours Truly, MyDayIsBooked;))