You know how I posted three recipes for Overnight Oatmeal a couple months back? Well, those are great to make ahead for rushed mornings, but if you have the time to make this Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal, I totally recommend it! In fifteen minutes you can have a bowl of creamy, chocolaty oats topped with seeds and of course, cherries. If you don’t have time to make this during weekdays, it’s a great breakfast to soothe your sweet tooth on the weekends. In short, this recipe hits the spot any day of the week! I used frozen cherries in this to top my oats, but if you don’t have some on hand, any fresh or frozen berry will do. Now let’s make some oatmeal!
Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal
Makes 1 Serving
Cook Time: 5-8 minutes
- 1 medium sized banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup frozen cherries (or berries of your choice)
- Your favourite toppings (nuts and seeds, nut and seed butters, dried fruit, etc.)
- Mash half of the banana in a small pot. Add in the oats, cocoa, and water, and stir until combined.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the oat mixture to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 5-8 minutes, until desired thickness is reached. Make sure to stir the oats every couple minutes or so to avoid them sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour its contents into a bowl. Top with the frozen cherries and other toppings of your choice. I like to slice the other half of the banana and use it to top the oats.
This is a healthy and delicious breakfast, and it definitely fills you up and gets you through your day! I hope that you like it and find it easy to make. Thanks for reading!
Yours Truly, MyDayIsBooked;))