You guys, I literally thought that it was Sunday today! Funny how summer does that to you🤣 So, as a kind of last minute post, I decided to whip up these chocolate dipped bananas. I’ve had dessert on the brain lately;) This frozen treat is pretty simple to whip up, although a bit messy. All you have to do is make some chocolate sauce, dip the bananas in it, then sprinkle them with nuts or other toppings and throw them in the freezer. You don’t really even have to freeze them if you don’t want, you can just eat them as is. Spoiler Alert: THEY’RE REALLY GOOD. Hope you enjoy;)
Chocolate Dipped Bananas
Total Time: 60-75 minutes
- 2 bananas, slightly ripe
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs water
- 4 small skewers
- In a small pot, mix together the cocoa powder, maple syrup and coconut oil. Bring to a simmer on the stove and stir until well combined.
- Remove the chocolate sauce from the heat once it’s reached a simmer. Add in the water and stir. The result should be a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl, or something that will be easy to dip the bananas into. Cut the bananas in half. Using your hands, dip the bananas into the chocolate sauce and then lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stick a skewer into each banana and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Eat as is or put the tray in the freezer for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and enjoy!
I already know that there won’t be enough hot days left this summer to enjoy as many of these bananas as I want to🤧🤧 But I guess that eating a frozen dessert in the fall never killed anyone! See you guys on Wednesday;)