Hi there people👋 This is my first savoury recipe in a little while, and it’s a really good one;) It’s super easy to make and is delicious both hot and cold, plus I’m sure that it would freeze well in a resealable bag to be heated up later for a school lunch. The colour of this soup is AMAZING, because beets are great at staining pretty much everything that they come in contact with. Pro tip: wear plastic gloves while cutting your beets so that your fingers don’t get too purple😂😂. Here’s the recipe for the soup;)
Roasted Beet Soup
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 large beets, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cubed beets, sliced red onion, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Place the vegetables onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast until the beets are soft, about 25-30 minutes.
- Spoon the roasted veggies into a blender. Add in the garlic, parsley, veggie broth, salt and pepper.
- Blend all of the soup ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the soup cold, or heat on the stove if preferred.
Hope you like this tasty summer soup! Keep your eyes peeled for my next post on Friday;)