Hi guys! I hope you’re keeping busy and satying safe;)) Spring is almost here, and so I thought I’d make a fresher recipe today. This Chickpea, Quinoa and Avocado Salad is light and makes a great lunch👍👍 I used tri colour quinoa, which I discovered a year ago and it’s awesome. It’s usually the same price as regular quinoa, but it’s three different colours and looks super cool. Also, there’s soy sauce mixed in with the avo, which is one of my new favourite combos. Here’s the recipe:
Chickpea, Quinoa and Avocado Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- In a small pot, combine the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the water has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and add in the oil, lime, garlic, and salt sauce. Stir until combined.
- Mix together the chickpeas, tomatoes, and peppers in a large bowl. Add in the quinoa and mashed avocado and stir. Enjoy!
Keep cooking and stay creative my friends;)