Hello and Happy Saturday! I hope that your guys’ Valentine’s Day rocked;) The topic of today’s post is quick and healthy lunch ideas. I’ve done similar posts such as Healthy Lunches 101 and a variety of Freezable Recipes, but I thought that I’d share some recipes that can be made in about 10-15 minutes in the morning. There are a few ingredients in some of these lunches that should probably be prepared the night before, and for the most part they’re pretty simple. Here’s a list of things that I like to have on hand, so that making lunches in the morning is easier:
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Cooked Quinoa
- Lots of Fruits and Veggies
- Guac or pesto or tzatziki, some sort of condiment
- Sprouted Grain Bread
- Brown Rice Crackers
These are staples that you can find at any store. Roasting chickpeas and cooking quinoa doesn’t take very long, and if you do a big batch then you’re good for the week. Let’s get into these quick and healthy lunch ideas:))
Ingredients To Be Prepped Before Hand:
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 tomato, cut into eighths
- 1/4 of a cucumber, cut into half circles
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- Put the quinoa, tomato, cucumber, and chickpeas into a container.
- In a separate, smaller container, mix together the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Pack yourself some fruit, crackers, and a fork, and there’s your lunch.
- When it’s time to eat, pour the dressing into the salad and shake it up inside the container.
Avocado Salad Sandwich
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread
- Protein: 1 can of tuna, 1/2 cup chopped chicken breast, 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas, 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs, anything goes!!
- 1 sprig green onion
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Cut up the green onions.
- Mix together your protein with the avocado and green onion.
- Put the mixture on two slices of bread and slice the sandwich in half.
- Pack a veggies and some greek yogurt along side your sandwich.
- Lunch is served!
Ingredients To Be Prepped Before Hand:
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms*
- 1 thinly sliced bell pepper*
- 1 thinly sliced onion*
- 1/2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup water
*the thinner you slice your veggies, the faster they will cook.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the vegetables and cook until slightly soft.
- Mix together the water and spices, and add the mixture to the pan. Let simmer until the water has evaporated and the veggies are soft.
- Put into a container on top of the quinoa, and add some guac or fresh tomatoes if you’d like. Pack some fruits and veggies and there you go.
Quinoa “Fried Rice”
Ingredients To Be Prepped Before Hand:1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 spring of green onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan. Add in the quinoa, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and sliced green onion.
- Cook until the mushrooms and tomatoes are soft. Then season wit soy sauce and ginger.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and crack the egg into it. Scramble the egg and cook it through before incorporating it into the quinoa mixture.
- Place the fried quinoa into a container and chop up some cucumbers and apples for a side.
Ingredients:1 whole wheat wrap or pita
- Leftover protein- chicken breast, roasted chickpeas, or a chopped up Black Bean Quinoa Burger from the night before
- 1/2 a Tomato, diced
- Some lettuce
- A sauce; guacamole, pesto,tzatziki, hummus, anything you like.
Directions:Put all of your ingredients into the wrap and wrap it up.
- Sound too easy? That’s because it’s called a Lazy Wrap.
- You’re done now.
There’s my recipes! These should keep you fed for the next little while. Have a great week everyone!!;))