Hey there! Stir frys are actually awesome, in case you didn’t know. They’re loaded with veg (one of my favourite things), have a delicious sauce (another one of my faves), and this one has peanut butter (my ALL TIME favourite thing). This stir fry is also pretty much fool-proof and can be served with any type of grain you’d like; rice, brown rice, quinoa, noodles, we’re making it work.
If you really need to, you can also switch out some of the veggies I used as well. Snap peas, red onion, and even cauliflower would work in here. And if you want to add in some cooked chicken or beans for protein then go ahead! What I’m saying is, this stir fry is really versatile and works with pretty much anything.
This sauce is OFF THE HOOK though. You’ve got creamy peanut butter, spicy sriracha, and a little salt from the soy sauce. So good. Enough talk. Let’s get to the stir fry.
Peanut Stir Fry
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- Green onion for topping (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- Sprinkle of red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp water (or more if you want a thinner sauce)
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in all of the sliced veggies and cook until they’re tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add water to the pan if it starts to dry out, and stir often to prevent burning.
- Once the veggies are soft, add the sauce and cook for another minute. Make sure that all of the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve the stir fry with noodles, quinoa, or by itself. Top with sliced green onion.
Enjoy this healthy and delicious meal idea! See you Wednesday;))