Happy Valentine’s Day! Today I have some delicious and festive treats for you guys:) These Chocolate Coconut Hearts are so cute and delicious! I double dipped them in chocolate so that the outsides are super smooth;) Enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Hearts
Serves: Makes 12 hearts
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut, peanut butter, 1 tbsp of maple syrup, vanilla and water in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1/2 a tbsp of the cookie dough mixture into your hands (make sure that you measure so that they’re all the same size) and form a small heart. Repeat this step until you have 12 cookie dough hearts.
- Place the hearts in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the Hearts are chilling, melt 1 tbsp of maple syrup with the coconut oil and cocoa powder in a small pot over low heat.
- Remove the hearts from the freezer. Using 2 forks, dip the hearts into the chocolate one at a time and roll them until covered. Use the forks to remove them from the chocolate and place them in a parchment lined Tupperware, then into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Repeat step five, so that the chocolate on the hearts is smooth. You can melt the chocolate mixture again if it becomes too thick. Once they have set in the freezer after their second coat of chocolate, store in the fridge and enjoy;)
Hope you have a great day!