‘Sup guys! Today I’m posting a simple solution to hectic mornings- Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowls! They’re delicious, healthy and easy to make the night before so you can catch a few more minutes of sleep;) Plus, there’s so many different combos of veggies that you can make them your own.
- Different kinds of veggies of your choice; ex. Cauliflower, chickpeas (I know that chickpeas are legumes but whatever, they work and I’m addicted to them), peppers, onions, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, etc.
- Olive/Avocado oil (1 1/2 tsp per cup of veggies)
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut your veggies into manageably sized pieces, like the picture above. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Put the appropriate amount of oil on the veggies and toss until coated. I used too much oil when I did this and ended up having to wipe a bunch off, so make sure you use a measuring spoon! I would’ve used about 2 teaspoons for the cauliflower, 1 1/2 for the peppers and 1 for everything else based on the photo above.
- Once your veggies are tossed in oil, sprinkle with a bit of salt, pepper and garlic powder if you’re using it. I wouldn’t go too crazy with spices, because this recipe is supposed to be very versatile so you can pair it with different sauces.
- Put the sheet in the 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, but keep an eye on the veggies. You want them to be soft, but still have a bit of bite to them.
- Once the veggies are done, cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Serve over quinoa by itself or with one of the following sauces:
Soy, garlic and honey:
Mix together 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 clove of garlic, and 1/2 tsp honey.
Mix 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tbs lemon juice, and 1 tsp dill.
There you go:) Meal prep made healthy, easy, and delicious! Comment if you’ve found a delicious veggie combo or another sauce that works great with these bowls.
Yours Truly, MyDayIsBooked;)