Hi guys;) For lunch today I made a delicious Orange Kale salad. I feel like salads really get a really bad rep, because most of them aren’t very exciting. When I first started eating healthy, all I made was salads, and they were really boring and not very tasty. This kale salad, though, is what a salad should be: fresh, light and delicious!
I know that I’ve posted a lot of recipes this month, and that’s mainly because I’m in a book drought right now and I don’t know what to read next. I’m re-reading the Divergent series. If anyone has any book recommendations for me, please let me know! Anyways, here’s the recipe for my Orange Kale Salad.
Orange Kale Salad
Serves: 2 people as a main and 4 people as a side
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 Orange, cut into small chunks
- 1 Carrot; use a vegetable peeler to create carrot ribbons
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
Hope you like this quick and delicious salad! Keep your eyes open for my April Bullet Journal Set- Up coming later this week!