Hi guys! Hope your week is going well;) I made this Chili the other day, and it was crazy good, but sadly I forgot to take any pictures. I’m just going to have to describe it to you in more detail: a flavour packed, slightly spicy tomato base full of crisp carrots and corn and hearty beans. Did I do a good job? Hopefully you’re salivating right now. This Chili recipe is super easy to make, and only takes about 30-45 minutes, depending on how soft you like your carrots (and also how good your food prep skills are). Have fun making and eating this delicious Mexican stew thingy!
Hearty Vegetable Chile
Makes: 6-8 servings
Total Time: 30-45 minutes
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs Chile powder
- 1/2 tbs paprika
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomatoes, diced or crushed
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook until translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Dump the garlic into the pot and cook for an additional two minutes, until aromatic.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the pot and stir, bringing the mixture to a boil. Let simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
You’re welcome for setting you up on a blind date with this Chili. If you ask me, it’s dating profile sounds pretty good. See you guys later!