Let me start off by saying that these Veggie Tacos are the thebomb.com. I for one am a huge taco lover, so this delicious combination of peppers, zucchini, and lentils is right up my alley. Theses tacos take about a half hour to whip up, assuming you’re using pre-cooked lentils. For this recipe, I used canned lentils, because they’re ready to use and have a texture that lends itself well to tacos. Add in some zucchini, peppers and Mexican spices, and top it off with some guacamole and Mango Salsa, and you’ve got yourself a killer meal.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper (any colour) diced
- 1 medium sized zucchini, chopped into half inch cubes
- 1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed, or about 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tbs paprika
- 1/2 tbs Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini, bell peppers, and lentils and stir. Next, measure out the spices and put them in the pan as well. Mix together all of the ingredients and let cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft, and any liquid has evaporated.
- Place the veggie mixture in a tortilla with guacamole and mango salsa. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this delicious taco recipe! It’s great for hot summer days;)