Nothing is more comforting than a big ol’ bowl of curry. Am I right, or am I right? I love the delicious blend of spices and tomato and coconut milk. It’s just so warm and so tasty! Today I have a super quick and easy version for you that packs in some veg as well.
Super flavourful, healthy and awesome food doesn’t have to be really complex or take forever! From start to finish, I estimate that this recipe should take you around 35-40 minutes tops. Not many people are busy right now, but if you are, this is a quick recipe that you can hit up any day of the week. Even if you’re just at home, you won’t have to labour over the stove to get a great meal:)
Curries like this are great for freezing as well! After you have a couple bowls of this cozied up by the fire, you can throw the rest into a few plastic bags or containers and freeze for later enjoyment. I love serving this with brown rice or quinoa, and you can mix these grains right in there before freezing for convenience. That’s a big brain move right there.
When I’m about to heat up my oil and get ready to cook, I make sure that I have all of my ingredients ready to go so that I can just add everything in when I need it. This helps speed up the production time, and makes sure that I don’t burn anything while I’m chopping up veg or getting the spices ready! After sauteeing your onions, garlic and cauliflower in coconut oil, you add in your spices, and then some tomatoes and coconut milk. Then you’re pretty much done; just stir, season, and let simmer until the cauliflower is soft. Super fast. Super healthy. SUPER GOOD!
Enjoy this delicious curry recipe!
Quick Cauliflower Curry
Serves: 4-6 (served with grains)
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and cauliflower. Sautee for about 3-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add in all of the spices, and stir to coat the veggies in them. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, to brown up the spices.
- Dump the beans, tomatoes, and coconut milk into the pot, and stir to combine, making sure you get all of the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan. Season generously with salt and pepper, then bring to a low simmer, cover, and let cook for about 25-30 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft, but not mushy.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and serve the curry warm over brown or white rice, or with quinoa.
Happy Friday! Have a great weekend cozying up with this recipe, and I’ll see you on Monday with another great one:)