Hey there! For the last post of cilantro week, I have a recipe for Mexican Beans and Quinoa. It’s a great way to use up cooked quinoa that you have in your fridge, and makes an awesome side dish. The cilantro and lime work super well together, and some Mexican spices kick it up a notch. The final product actually turned out kind of creamy in texture, which is nice. I hope you enjoy!
Mexican Beans and Quinoa
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Combine the beans, quinoa, water, cumin, paprika and Chili powder in a pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 5-7 minutes. The water should be absorbed by this point.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
I can’t wait to get into next week’s basil recipes! See you then;)