Hey guys! I’m super sorry that I haven’t posted in awhile. I hope that this recipe makes up for it! I was kind of experimenting with different ideas until I came out with the final product. In the end, though, it turned out really good! Here’s the recipe.
For the Chickpeas: (3 servings)
- 1 can (19 oz) of chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Salad: (1serving)
- 1 small tomato
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1 sprig of chives
- 1/2 a bell pepper
- 1/2 a cucumber
For the Dressing: (1 serving)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then put into a bowl and pat dry with a paper towel. Add the oil, salt, pepper and garlic and onion powder and stir to combine.
- Dump the peas onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until they’re crunchy.
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, chives and peppers and place into a bowl with the spring mix.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Finally, put some chickpeas in top of the salad and top it off with the dressing.
I hope you enjoy this salad! The chickpeas can also be enjoyed alone for a healthy snack. See you Wednesday!;)
Yours Truly, MyDayIsBooked
2 thoughts on “Roasted Chickpea Salad”