Hi everyone! This week I had a bunch of ripe bananas lying around my house, so I decided to make some banana bread. I looked up a recipe on Pinterest, and thanks to The Happier Homemaker, I baked up a tasty treat! However, I did change some of the ingredients to make it a bit healthier. In my version, there’s no refined sugar and I used oat flour. I also added in some dark chocolate chunks. Yum! I hope that you enjoy this lightened up recipe.
Super Moist Banana Bread
Makes: 6-8 servings
Total Time: 80-90 minutes
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 chia egg (made by soaking 1 tbs of chia seeds in 1/3 cup water for 15 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, egg, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well.
- Next, measure out the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and dark chocolate and stir into the banana mixture.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan greased with coconut oil. Bake for at least 45 minutes.
- If you notice that the outside is browning but the inside looks a bit raw still, don’t worry. Remove the loaf from the oven, let cool, wrap with tinfoil and place in the fridge. Once the loaf has been in the fridge for a bit, the inside will firm up.
I hope you like this healthy, incredibly moist banana bread! Thanks again to The Happier Homemaker for the inspiration for the recipe! I’m going to go have some right now…