Hi! I’m a bit late in posting this, but I’m going to post Cilantro recipes tomorrow and Wednesday to make up for it. So, Vegetable Soup; a classic, simple dish that is easy to make and totally customizable. I used carrots, cauliflower and kale in my soup, but you can use broccoli, peas, corn, beans, the list goes on and on. When the zucchini in my garden is ready I’m for sure using it in this recipe! Parsley works really well in this soup as a flavour enhancer. I also used some chives just to brighten things up;) Here’s the recipe for my vegetable soup!
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 a white onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 cups chopped kale (I used Dino)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 L vegetable broth (or 938ml to be exact)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- A few chives, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Grab a large pot and put enough water in it so that it just covers the bottom. Place over medium heat.
- Once the water is hot, put the garlic and onion in the pot and cook until translucent, about 6-8 minutes. If the water evaporates, add a little bit more.
- Add the thyme and stir, cooking for a couple more minutes.
- Dump the kale, cauliflower, carrots, broth and salt into the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 25-30 minutes, until the kale is wilted and carrots and cauliflower are soft.
- At this point, you can add in the parsley and chives, then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
So yeah, tomorrow is that start of cilantro week! Hope you liked using parsley;)