When I posted my first curry recipe a while back, I said that I’d post more of them in the future, but I don’t know what took me so long because curry is freaking delicious. Coconut milk makes all the difference, giving this lentil curry a creamy texture and great flavour. It does take about 30 minutes to cook, but once you’ve prepped everything you kind of just throw it in the pot and let it do its thing, so it’s really easy. I like to serve this curry with quinoa, avocado and cilantro, but white rice or any other grain would work just as well. And you bet that I’m freezing the leftovers for later!
Coconut and Lentil Curry
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils, rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked grains for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Dump in the onions and cook until translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and all of the spices, cooking for an additional 2 minutes, until the mixture is aromatic.
- Next, put the tomatoes, coconut milk, and lentils in the pot. Stir, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Let the curry simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the lentils are soft. At this point, you can taste the curry and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with avocado and grains of your choice.
Hope you like this curry recipe! Have a great weekend;)
2 thoughts on “Coconut and Lentil Curry”
This looks so good!