Hi! The recipe that I have for you guys today is a delicious Asian Kale and Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing. About a year ago, I tried making a salad with spinach, chicken, and a so called “peanut dressing” that I’m pretty sure was just peanut butter and soy sauce mixed together. Then last month I wanted to improve upon that Salad, and so I created a dressing that is about 1000 times better than my original attempt, and it doesn’t even have any soy sauce in it because we didn’t have any! I call it a dressing, but really it’s a super versatile sauce. This could go in stir-frys, on roasted veggie bowls, and would be killer in wraps. But for me, it really shines in this Salad full of kale, quinoa, cucumbers, carrots, chickpeas and cabbage. Hope you enjoy!
Asian Kale and Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing
Serves: 3 as a main, 6 as a side
Total Time: 10 minutes
For the Salad:
- 3 cups kale, chopped and with the stems removed
- 3 cups purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 a cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas (optional)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
For the Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Chile flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. If it’s still too thick, add more water until you reach the consistency of ranch dressing.
- In a larger bowl, toss together the Salad ingredients. Add in the dressing and mix until everything is coated.
Now that I think about it, adding some peanuts on top of this salad would definitely take it to the next level, as well as add some crunch. I’ll have to try that next time! So you Friday;)