Happy Monday! As the year goes on, I’m starting to get less excited about school, and developing some serious cases of the Monday blues. Lucky for me, this Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread is the perfect cure! It’s healthy while still being perfectly decadent, and incorporates all of my favourite fall spices and flavours. It will also make your house smell very nice! Enjoy it wile reading a good book on a cold day;))
Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread
Serves: Makes 1 Loaf
Total Time: 140 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 tsp oat flour
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 5 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and water. Let sit for 15 minutes to form a chia “egg”.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1 1/4 cup of oat flour, spices (including the 2 tsp of cinnamon), and baking soda. Add in the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, 1/2 cup of maple syrup, vanilla and chia egg and mix well.
- Mix together the remaining oat flour, cinnamon and maple syrup in a separate bowl.
- Grease a standard loaf pan with coconut oil and pour the batter into it. Spoon the cinnamon, oat flour and maple mixture on top, and use a toothpick to swirl it throughout the bread. Place in the oven for two hours, and cool completely before serving.
Hope you like this recipe; see you next week!