Hey there! Today I have another fantastic recipe that can be easily frozen and is great for meal prep. This take on beef and broccoli uses red kidney beans to make a delicious vegan meal. When the beans are fried, they resemble ground beef, and the seasoning used enhances their flavour. These beans and broccoli are great with quinoa, noodles, or in a salad. Hope you enjoy!
Beans and Broccoli
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp + 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs chili flakes
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs ginger
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, separated into small florets.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- quinoa, for serving (optional)
- In a bowl, mash up the beans, leaving some whole. Stir in 1 tsp soy sauce, the chili flakes, garlic powder, ginger, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the bean mixture and the broccoli florets and cook for about fifteen minutes, until the broccoli is tender and the beans begin to resemble ground beef in texture; crumbly and firm.
- Mix the sesame oil, 1 tbs soy sauce, maple syrup and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over the beans and broccoli and stir, cooking for two more minutes.
- Serve over quinoa with green onion and enjoy!
Hopefully this recipe helps you get ahead this week:))