The other day I was craving something sweet, and I was like, “you know what would hit the spot right about now? A good brownie”. So I headed to the kitchen and made myself some darn delicious brownies. These delectable bites of chocolate goodness aren’t too sweet and have a super intense chocolate flavour. The walnuts add great texture and also some holiday vibes; but feel free to use a different nut or no nuts at all if you’re not a nut person. My brother even approved these brownies before I told him that they were healthy, as he has a strange aversion to healthy food. But he couldn’t tell the difference so I mean….. GO MAKE THESE BROWNIES!👍
Serves: Makes 16 small brownies
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Stir in the oat flour and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Next, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and stir to form the brownie batter. Mix in the walnuts at this point.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil. Pour in the brownie batter and spread it evenly around the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool, then freeze them in a ziploc or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Hope you love this recipe!