Hi guys! I’m back at school again, and back to making lunches. On my Instagram story you can see what I’m eating for lunch each day, which will hopefully give you some inspiration. I’d also like to do some more lunch recipes in the future;)
Today, however, I’d like to feature one of my favourite veggies: Mushrooms!! I love mushrooms so much- they have a great earthy and deep flavour that is rich and delicious. They’re great any way you prepare them; sautéed, roasted, fried, or even raw with some hummus! I have a tasty stuffed mushroom recipe for you guys that also packs in some protein because it uses soft tofu in the stuffing. If you’re new to using tofu or would like to learn more about it, I give sort of the run down on this soy protein in my previous post, Soy Marinated Tofu.
From the sautéed onion to the splash of balsamic vinegar and fresh thyme, everything about these mushrooms screams homey deliciousness! Hope you enjoy;)))
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 of a large onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 12 medium sized white mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried Thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp ground thyme)
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 block (85g) soft tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems by gently pulling them out. Set the mushroom caps aside and dice the stems.
- In a small bowl, mash the soft tofu until it resembles cottage cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the onion and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add in the garlic and mushroom stems, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and add in the thyme. Let the mixture cook for about 4 more minutes, until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Add in the soft tofu and stir, combining all of the ingredients before letting them cook for an additional 4 minutes, then remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the hollow mushroom caps on a parchment lined baking sheet. Scoop about a teaspoon of filling into each.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Have a great week everyone!
3 thoughts on “Stuffed Mushrooms”
One of my favorite ways to eat mushrooms!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Stuffed mushrooms are the best!
LikeLiked by 1 person