Hi guys! Hope your week is going well- mine feels really long but I guess that’s to be expected of the first week back. So far I’ve been sticking to my resolution of making my lunch the night before, so that’s made it a bit easier.
A new year is upon us, and that means that there are so many more new books to read! But, if you’re like me, it can be hard to branch out and read different genres and types of books. So this year I decided to set a Reading challenge for myself. There are twenty requirements for the books I need to read this year, which I have outlined in my bullet journal. Once I fulfill one of these requirements I’ll write down which book I read to meet it underneath. These are things like “written in the 1920s”, or “about food”.
I think that this will be a really fun and interesting way to challenge myself to read different kinds of books this year! Down below I have the full challenge.
2020 Reading Challenge
Read at least one book that….
- Was written in the 1920s
- Was released in 2020
- Has less than 200 pages
- Takes place during a war
- Has a colour in the title
- Has been banned previously
- Was written by an author in their 20s
- Has 20 or “twenty” in the title
- Is set in Asia
- Is becoming a movie in 2020
- Has more than 500 pages
- Is translated from another language
- Was published in your birth year
- Has more than 20 letters in the title
- Has a bird on the cover
- Is about food
- Is about philosophy
- Was written by a Canadian author
- Was written by an author who has written more than 20 books
- Is non-fiction
There’s the list! I recommend that you write it down somewhere and fill in the book you read to complete each item, so that you can look back on it at the end of the year.
See you with another recipe on Friday!