Hey guys! I’m back from a bit of a lull in my posting schedule with these Red Bean Burritos. They’re full to bursting with delicious ingredients (and a lot of cilantro) to bring a ray of sunshine to your drab winter lunches! I made the filling with red kidney beans, but black beans work just as well. Top these suckers with tons of guacamole and salsa and you’ve got a fiesta in your mouth! Here’s the recipe;)
Red Bean Burritos
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 a tomato, diced
- 1/2 a small onion, diced
- Juice of half a lemon
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita and salsa and guacamole for serving
- In a pan over the medium heat, stir together the beans, water, and spices. Let simmer for about 2-5 minutes, until most of the liquid is gone and the mixture has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the quinoa, tomato, onion, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Warm up a wrap or pita and scoop some of the quinoa mixture, beans, salsa and guacamole into it. Wrap it up and enjoy!
*this recipe can also be enjoyed as a bowl- just omit the wrap and use more quinoa!
Hope you guys have a great weekend!