Hello there! Cauliflower is one of my favourite vegetables, and this super easy to make soup highlights it perfectly. It’s a medley of onion, celery, roasted garlic and of course, cauliflower, that is blended until smooth and delicious. This soup is freezable and makes a great lunch or light dinner. Enjoy;)
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, left in the skins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch of rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chopped cauliflower on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Toss it with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic cloves in some tinfoil and place the little packet on the sheet pan with the cauliflower. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, heat the other tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add in the onion and celery, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the water, Rosemary, parsley, and chilli flakes, then bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat so that the mixture comes down to a simmer, then cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the veggies are done roasting and the broth is done simmering, add the cauliflower into a blender along with the contents of the pot. When the garlic packet has cooled, remove the cloves from their skins and add them to the blender as well. Season the soup generously with salt and pepper, then blend until smooth.
Hope you like this soup! It’s definitely one of my new favourites;)