Granola has my heart, it’s true. And because it’s getting close to Valentine’s day, I made this delicious Chocolate and Coconut Granola. It’s made with simple ingredients and tastes AMAZING. The smell when it’s baking in the oven is absolutely heavenly. So know you’ll know where to find me on Valentine’s day; I’ll be curled up on the couch with a big bowl of this stuff. Here’s the recipe!
Chocolate and Coconut Granola
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt together the coconut oil, mashed banana, maple syrup and cocoa powder, then set the mixture aside.
- Mix the oats, coconut and chia seeds in a large bowl. Add in the coconut oil mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread out the granola on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. At this point, remove it from the oven and give it a stir to ensure even browning. Place it bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes, then remove and enjoy!
This granola is great with yogurt or milk, or on top of oatmeal. I really want to try it on a smoothie bowl! See you later;))
2 thoughts on “Chocolate and Coconut Granola”
Great post 🙂