Hey guys! Hope you had a good weekend. The days are all starting to blur together, and everyday feels like a Saturday, but hopefully you at least had a break from online classes to give you some weekend vibes;)) Personally, I’m loving that I don’t have to pack lunches anymore and can eat on my own schedule, which gives me time to make awesome stuff like these Mediterranean Sweet Potato Toasts. You only need a sheet pan and a little prep time, and you just throw them in the oven and let the veggies get delicious and caramelized while you go back to watching Netflix or reading or whatever your favourite quarantine activity is. Also, they’re REALLY GOOD. The sweet potatoes get to that place where they’re like, a tiny bit burnt on the edges but perfectly soft in the centre, and then you’ve got your delicious Mediterranean spiced veggies, plus a dollop of tzatziki on top. I mean, come on man. Pretty dang good for a meal that basically makes itself. Here’s the recipe;))
Mediterranean Sweet Potato Toasts
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 a large sweet potato
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 a red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little bit more for rubbing the sweet potatoes with
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tzatziki (see Dill Tzatziki) prepared in advance (or sub hummus)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into slabs about 1/4 of an inch thick (you should make about 4 toasts). Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and rub them on both sides with a bit of olive oil.
- Mix together the chickpeas, sliced onions and peppers, spices and olive oil in a large bowl. Spread them evenly onto the same parchment lined pan as the sweet potatoes, trying not to overlap anything. Roast for about 30 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, remove the pan from the oven and flip the sweet potatoes before continuing to roast.
- Take the pan out of the oven, and serve the toasts with the roasted veggies, tzatziki, and maybe some Greek salad;))
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy lunch or dinner! Stay safe guys;)
One thought on “Mediterranean Sweet Potato Toasts”