Sure, you’re probably doing school from home right now and haven’t been out of the house in awhile, but who says staying inside is easy? It takes a lot of fuel to be productive at home, and so that’s why I made these delicious Seedy Energy Squares. They’re full of healthy fats, with some protein in there, too, to keep you going all day long! These squares are also super flexible, so as long as you have oats and bananas, which are two of my staples, you can customize this recipe to your heart’s content. Dried fruit and nuts would be great in these. I used hemp hearts and pumpkin seeds;)) If you want something dense, subtly sweet and seriously addictive, this is the recipe for you!
Seedy Energy Squares
Serves: Makes 20-25 squares
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl, then mix in the oil, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add in the oats, pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts into the bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Dump the mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 baking pan, and spread it evenly around the bottom. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the sides are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into 20-25 squares.
Hopefully these help you to power through your day and show that school work who’s boss!! Happy snacking;))