‘Sup people? I’ve been meaning to make a tofu scramble for a while, and this afternoon I finally got down to it. I still love a good old egg scramble, don’t get me wrong. But if you want something plant-based, tofu is a great egg substitute. This Easy Tofu Scramble is awesome in wraps or bowls, on toast, or by itself. It’s also perfect for every time of day- breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Tofu is actually really easy to cook, and in this recipe I just drained it and proceeded to fry it up. But if you’re a first time tofu eater and want to know a little more about it, you can check out my post Soy Marinated Tofu, where I explain what it is and share another awesome recipe as well. To liven up this scramble a bit, I added some tomatoes and green onions, as well as paprika and garlic powder. Tofu can be a bit bland, so you want to make sure you add a lot of flavour.
Lastly, have lots of fun customising this scramble! If you want to add more veggies and different spices feel free to. Tofu is such a great blank canvas! Enjoy this recipe;))
Easy Tofu Scramble
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 85g of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/2 a tomato, diced
- 1 green onion or chive, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the tomato, green onion, and tofu.
- Break up the tofu with a wooden spoon, until it resembles scrambled eggs. Cook for about a minute.
- Add in the garlic powder. paprika, salt and pepper and cook for additional two minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy!
Hope you like this recipe! Have a great weekend;)