Hey guys! I’ve been pretty much eating the same things for breakfast during the time we’ve had to stay at home. I either have a smoothie bowl- which are awesome and my favourite- or just a big plate of fruit with some but butter- also very good. But today I had some leftover quinoa so I thought I’d experiment.
Quinoa is a super healthy; it’s a whole grain, contains some protein, and has all 9 essential amino acids. So it’s a great way to start your day! This recipe uses precooked quinoa, for when you have some leftovers and maybe not a lot of time in the morning. I’m starting summer school soon so this may come in handy.
To make these bowls, I cooked the quinoa in some almond milk and allspice, along side some peaches and cherries; two of my favourite summer fruits! The cherries turn everything a nice pink colour, and when you get a little bite of everything it tastes like a fruit pie😍😍😍
Hope you enjoy these Cherry, Peach and Quinoa Breakfast Bowls!
Cherry, Peach and Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or whichever milk you desire
- 1 peach
- 6 cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- In a small pot, combine the quinoa, almond milk, allspice, 4 of the sliced cherries, and 1/2 of the peach, diced.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook for about 5 minutes, until the fruit is soft.
- Remove from the heat, pour into a bowl, and top with the reaming cherries and the other half of the peach, sliced.
Have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow for my last post of the month!☺️