By now you probably know that I have a weakness for sweet potatoes. They’re one of my favourite things ever and I’m always looking for new delicious ways that I can eat them. Usually they taste the best when they’re super caramelized and soft- and this recipe DEFINITELY gives you that. These potatoes have so much good flavour and colour, and go great in bowls or salads, or as a side for your dinner.
Usually I peel my sweet potatoes, but today I left the skin on for some extra textural action. All I did was cut my potato into little medallions, then tossed them with some olive oil and threw them in the oven. While they were becoming golden brown and amazing, I just mixed up the THREE INGREDIENT sauce that gets brushed on to the medallions, infusing them with deliciousness and also helping with the caramelization process. Just keep an eye on these because they can burn pretty quickly.
These Soy maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes were the PERFECT addition to my lunch bowl today. I then proceeded to eat the rest of them right off the pan. Be sure to try out this recipe and let me know what you think!!
Soy Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the sweet potato well, then proceed to cut it width-wise into small medallions, a little less than a centimetre thick.
- Place the medallions onto a parchment lined baking sheet and toss them with the olive oil, making sure that they’re evenly coated. Put the pan in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan, flip over the sweet potatoes, and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, mix together the soy sauce, garlic powder and maple syrup in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Take the pan out of the oven, flip the medallions over again, and use a pastry brush to brush on a layer of the soy sauce mixture onto each one. Put back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan, flip over the sweet potatoes (there’s lots of flipping going on), brush on some sauce, and then roast for another 5 minutes.
- For a last final crisp, flip the sweet potatoes once more and bake for 5 minutes again.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, let cool and enjoy!
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! So simple and delish:)) Have a great weekend and I’ll see you Monday!!