Hi! I seriously can’t wait to share this recipe with you; I know I say this in every post, but these creamsicles are actually my favourite recipe of all time! They’re delicious, and made with some of my favourite things; you guessed it, bananas and peanut butter! I actually found this recipe on Pinterest, and would like to give a little shout-out to feedingyourbeauty.com for making my tastebuds super happy! These measurements make approximately 6-8 creamsicles, depending on how big your molds are. If you don’t have any molds, it’s all good! Freeze the creamsicle batter (do you call it batter?) as directed in my Very Berry Frozen Yogurt post. Without further ado, here’s the recipe for this creamy summer treat:
- 3 medium bananas, chopped and frozen
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter (salted and unsalted both work) plus more for swirling
- 2 tbs milk of your choice
- A big pinch of salt! (You won’t need extra salt if your peanut butter is salted)
- Blend bananas, milk, vanilla, 1/3 cup peanut butter and salt (if using) in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture out of the blender and fill each mold about halfway.
- Swirl in about 1tsp of peanut butter, and a little bit more salt if it isn’t salted for that delicious sweet and salty element.
- Fill the molds with the remaining banana mixture.
- Pop in the popsicle sticks and freeze for about 2-3 hours. MAKE SURE THEY ARE COMPLETELY FROZEN BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THEM FROM THD MOLDS. 😉
- Run warm water over the molds to release the creamsicles.
Have fun making and eating these scrumptious creamsicles! They’re the perfect cold treat on a hot day;)
Yours Truly, MyDayIsBooked😄