Hey guys! I for one love a good apple crumble, and with fall coming up (ewww), I thought that this would be the perfect time for this post. This crumble turned out great, and I ended up using peanut butter instead of the recommended coconut oil (surprise surprise), which makes it unique. But you can totally use coconut oil if you prefer. Almonds give a nice crunch, and using oat flour instead of regular flour makes it healthier. Scroll down for the recipe.;)
- 4 Gala Apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour (make by grinding oats in your blender)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup melted natural peanut butter (or sub melted coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if you’re using salted peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together the oats, oat flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt and almonds in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the peanut butter (or coconut oil) and mix until combined. You may need to get in there with your hands to get rid of chunks of peanut butter or oil.
- Place the peeled and sliced apples in a parchment lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples evenly.
- Place the crisp in the oven for about 40 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- After 40 minutes in the oven, take out the crisp and drizzle a little but of honey on it. Place it back in the oven for another 5 minutes. (If you’re not using honey, just bake it for a full 45 minutes;)).
- Remove the crisp from the oven and enjoy with ice-cream, peanut butter, or more honey. Or all of the above!
Boom! Simple, easy, healthy and delicious! I hope that you enjoy my version of this classic fall dish!
Yours Truly, MyDayIsBooked;)))