Hi guys;) I’m this post I wanted to share why I journal, and I don’t mean bullet journaling. I mean sitting down and writing about how you feel and what’s going on in your life.
Journaling really helps me to know where I’m at. Releasing all of the thoughts in my head onto paper kind of organizes my mind and makes me reflect on what’s going on and what my next steps should be.
In my bullet journal I tend to do two reflections per month; one in the middle of the month and one at the end of the month. Some people journal every day or every week, but I’ve found that that’s what works for me. You should journal whenever you feel overwhelmed or you feel like you need to reflect on anything. I usually just write down whatever’s in my head at the moment, but sometimes I need a little nudge to get me started. Down below are ten journal prompts that you can use. Remember, like bullet journaling, there’s no right or wrong way to journal. Write whatever you need to, whenever you need to.
- How are you feeling right now? Why are you feeling this way?
- What could you do to make yourself feel better?
- What are three things that you’re grateful for in this moment?
- List five things that you love about yourself.
- Think ahead to the person you want to become in five years. If that person saw you now, what do you think they would say? What can you do right now to become that person?
- Make a list of the things that make you happy.
- In the past week, what have you done for others? What have you done for yourself? Which do you need to do more of?
- What can you improve on in your life right now? What are some things you’re doing right?
- What is something that you could do to bring you closer to your goals? Write something for today, this week, this month and this year.
- What’s something to look forward to in your life?
I hope that you find these prompts helpful and that you enjoy journaling. For me it’s a really helpful tool to reflect on my life. See you all next week!