Hello! For me, pancakes are the ultimate breakfast treat, and these ones are soooooo good! They’re super light and fluffy, but the real amazingness comes from the filling of peanut butter and jam. When you cut into the pancakes you can see the PB and J oozing out, and…… need I say more?
I made my own strawberry jam to fill these pancakes, as store bought jams often have a lot of added sugar. But if you have another kind of berry on hand, you can substitute them for the strawberries if you’d like. The pancakes themselves are really easy to make and fill, even though they look kind of fancy. Enjoy!
PB and J Stuffed Pancakes
Serves: 1-2 (makes 5-6 pancakes)
Total Time: 40 minutes
For the Jam:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced (or substitute blueberries or raspberries)
- 1/2 cup water
- Splash of vanilla
For the Pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oats (I used rolled)
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp natural peanut butter
- 3 tsp Jam
- To make the Jam, put the diced strawberries, water and vanilla into a small pot. If you’re using blueberries or raspberries, mash them a little bit. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the Jam has thickened up, about 6-8 minutes, stirring often so that it doesn’t burn or stick to the pot.
- To make the pancake batter, blend together the banana, oats, almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a blender until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into the pan. Quickly place a half teaspoon each of peanut butter and jam into the centre of the pancake. Cover the PB and J with about a teaspoon of batter, and flip the pancake. It should be golden brown on the side that was touching the pan. Cook the second side for about two minutes, or until it is also golden brown.
- Continue to do this with the rest of the batter. I cooked my pancakes one at a time, so that I could focus on filling each one well.
- Serve warm with more peanut butter and jam and enjoy!
This is totally one of my favourite recipes so far, I just love peanut butter and jam so much. Thanks for checking out my post and I’ll see you later!