Hi guys! As much as I hate to think about it, summer is coming to an end, and that means that I need to start stocking my freezer with food for the new school year! These muffins are super moist and tasty, made with grated carrot and apple, as well as some banana for sweetness. They’re sugar free as well, making them a great healthy snack;) The batch that I made went straight into the freezer after they cooled off, so that I can just throw one in my lunch bag and it’ll thaw throughout the day. Honestly though, I’m not sure that they’ll last until September. Here’s the recipe!
Carrot and Apple Muffins
Serves: Makes 9 Muffins
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 grated apple
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana, then add in the grated carrot, apple, vanilla, and oil. Stir until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a batter forms. It won’t be very runny, but this is normal.
- Scoop the muffin batter into a muffin tin lined with paper liners. Bake the muffins for about 40-50 minutes. I like to break one open and check the inside to see if it’s done. With these muffins, they’ll still look a bit raw in the middle after the 40 minutes are up, but if you leave them to cool completely then they’ll firm up a bit.
Hope you like this muffin recipe! It can easily be doubled if you want to make a larger batch;))) See you Friday.