Hi! I promise that next week I’ll go back to savoury recipes, but I’m trying to cram all of these summer desserts in before fall;) I don’t think that you guys will be complaining too much anyways, because these ice cream sandwiches are pretty darn good. Mango and Banana Nice Cream is sandwiched between two date and cinnamon cookies, making the perfect treat👌. Hope you enjoy!
Mango and Banana Nice Cream Sandwiches
Total Time: 60 minutes
For the Cookies:
- 8 small dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1/3 cup water
For the Nice Cream:
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbs water
- Start by making the cookies. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and water. Let sit for about 15 minutes to form a chia “egg”.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, pulse the dates, oats, oat flour, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined.
- Dump the mixture into a bowl and add in the chia “egg”. Stir together until a dough forms.
- Spoon out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it in between your hands to form a ball. Place it on a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten so that it forms a small disc. Continue to do this with the rest of the dough, you should end up with 6 cookies (three sandwiches).
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven, transfer to a small plate and place in the freezer to cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking, make the Nice Cream. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Place in a parchment lined bowl and put in the freezer while you wait for the cookies to bake and cool.
- When the cookies are completely cool, remove them and the Nice Cream from the freezer. Have a small parchment lined baking sheet ready. Scoop about a tablespoon of nice cream onto the flat side of three cookies. Place another cookie on top of each one to form a sandwich. Put the sandwiches on the baking sheet and move them to the freezer right away, before the Nice Cream melts.
- Let the sandwiches set in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes before serving.
Have a great weekend enjoying these sweet treats!