Happy New Year!!🥳🥳🎉🎉 I can’t believe it’s 2020 and the start of a new decade!! If some of your New Years resolutions are to eat a bit healthier or try out some new recipes, than this is the place to be;)
Today I have a delicious stuffed sweet potato recipe that is great for lunch or dinner, and the chickpea salad stuffing can be enjoyed for days after as a quick school lunch. I’d like to be a bit more organized when it comes to lunches this year so that I have more time in the morning (to read books). So this recipe is perfect! Hope you enjoy;)
Chickpea Salad Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Serves: 1-2 (plus extra salad for lunches)
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 heaping tablespoon of hummus (I used roasted red pepper flavour, but any other flavour would work)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash the sweet potato and cut it in half lengthwise. Place the halves skin side up on a parchment lined baking sheet, and rub them with the olive oil. Poke a few holes into the potato with a fork, and place in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes, until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chickpeas, hummus, balsamic vinegar, diced peppers, quinoa, and walnuts.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, scoop out some of the flesh from the middle of each half and mash it into the chickpea salad. Place the potatoes on a plate and scoop an equal amount of chickpea salad into each, saving the rest for later.
First post of 2020 done! Thanks for all of your support in 2019;) Can’t wait for all of the new recipes and bullet journal spreads coming in 2020!