Hello! I’ve been trying to perfect a falafel recipe for a while now, and I think I’ve got it. These discs of baked chickpea deliciousness are full of flavour and are great in bowls and wraps. You probably already have all of the ingredients at home, so they’re great for when you have no idea what to make. Enjoy!
Serves: Makes 15 falafel
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 a small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs oats
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and combine until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop out tablespoons of the falafel mixture and roll between your hands to create 15 evenly sized balls. Place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the falafel for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a spatula to flatten out the balls, creating discs.
- Place the sheet back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then flip the discs and bake the other side for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the falafel from the oven and enjoy!!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Falafel is the best;)