Hey there;) Sometimes you just need a good sandwich in your life, you know? This Epic Veggie Sandwich includes chickpea mash, carrots, balsamic mushrooms and onions, red pepper and avo. Oh, and it’s all packed between two slices of sprouted grain bread. SIGN ME UP!! Step aside Subway, ‘cause there’s a new sandwich shop in town and it’s your kitchen😋😋😋😋 I will definitely be making and sharing more veggie sandwiches in the future, because they are amazing. 🤩🤩🤩
Epic Veggie Sandwich
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 pickles, diced
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of sprouted grain bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the mushrooms and thinly sliced red onion and cook until the mushrooms are soft and the onion is translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar into the pan and cook for another minute, then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Mash 1/2 of the avocado in a medium sized bowl. Add the chickpeas and mash them slightly as well, then mix to combine. Stir in the diced red onion, and pickles, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon some of the chickpea mash onto a slice of bread. Add half of the mushrooms and onions, some carrot, red peppers, and half of the remaining avocado (thinly slice the avocado first). Press another slice of bread on top and enjoy!
Hope you love this sandwich as much as I do!!
3 thoughts on “Epic Veggie Sandwich”