I promised I’d be back with more sandwiches, and I keep my promises. Today I have a delicious tofu sandwich for you that’s a bit simpler to make than my Epic Veggie Sandwich, but no less epic. It’s delicious and satisfying and will definitely have you looking forward to lunchtime. I like using sprouted grain bread, but any bread will do. This sandwich would be great on rye:)) Hope you enjoy!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices of sprouted grain bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 175g block of extra firm tofu, drained (see Soy Marinated Tofu for more info on tofu)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 tomato, sliced
- handful of sprouts
- 2 pickles, sliced
- Cut the tofu lengthwise to create four tofu “steaks”. Heat the olive oil in a pan and place the tofu in it. Cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl. Scoop half of it onto a piece of bread and spread it around. Place two of the tofu “steaks” on top, along with half of the sliced tomato, half of the sprouts and one sliced pickles. Place another piece of bread on top.
- Repeat step 2 to make another sandwich, then enjoy!
Now you have another awesome veggie sandwich added into your repertoire!! These are my new favourite thing to make for lunches;))