Hey there! I’m starting to feel a bit of cabin fever, but I’m trying to keep busy and positive;) Cooking is a really great way to do that, and today I have a great recipe that’s freezable and super versatile. These spiced carrot falafel are super flavourful and easy to make! I like eating them with hummus in their own or in bowls, and they’d also be great in wraps or in pasta dishes. Maybe I could even make a sandwich with them… veggie sandwiches are amazing😍😍 Hope you like this recipe!!
Spiced Carrot Falafel
Serves: Makes 12 falafel
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas, garlic and all of the spices until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the shredded carrots.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the falafel mixture and form into a flat disc, and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until you have about 12-15 falafels.
- Place the falafels in the oven, and let bake for 15 minutes before removing the pan and flipping them over. Bake for another 15-20 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the falafel cool completely before enjoying;)
I wrote a list in my bullet journal of ways to keep busy during this time, and so I’ll try to share it in my Instagram page soon;) For now, stay safe and hang in there!