I love pickles! Don’t you? They’re vinegary and crunchy and are the perfect addition to any bowl, salad or sandwich. Today we’re going to expand our pickle horizons with these Quick Pickled Carrots! This was a great way for me to use up some of the carrots in my fridge, because for some reason we have a LOT right now.
I brought out my old friend the veggie peeler to get nice, thin, and even carrot slices for these pickles. Doing it with a peeler is also super fast and easy. After I had a nice pile of carrot ribbons, I placed them in a mason jar, added vinegar, some garlic, and red chilli flakes, then put some plastic wrap on top and threw them in the fridge. Want to know the minimum pickling time? 30 MINUTES! That’s right, in just 30 minutes you can have a nice jar of pickled carrots that go well with just about anything. Add them to a veggie bowl, a sandwich, or as a side with some meat. They’re so versatile and taste amazing:))
Cucumbers have definitely stolen the show for too long! Be sure to whip up some of these pickled carrots ASAP because you’re missing out.
Quick Pickled Carrots
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 small to medium sized carrots, peeled and washed
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of red chilli flakes
- Use a veggie peeler to create thin carrot “ribbons”, dragging it from the top of the carrot down. You’ll be left with a flat piece of carrot at the centre that you can snack on later:)
2. Place the carrots in a mason jar. Add garlic, chilli flakes, and vinegar. Make sure that vinegar completely covers the carrots; if not add some more.
3. Cover the top of the jar with a lid or some plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the fridge and enjoy!
**Just a note: These are quick pickles, and will not last as long as pickles that have been sealed. Use within a week:))**
Enjoy these pickles! See you Friday with my September Bullet Journal Set-Up:)