Hey guys:) I thought I’d post another meal prep recipe, because you can never really have to many of these on hand. This one is even more simple than my Mexican Inspired Meal Prep Bowls, and it’s super easy to make multiple servings of. You only need 6 ingredients (not counting oil, salt and pepper because those are a given), and about 45 minutes to hang around and keep an eye on the oven.
I never really roast any legumes other than chickpeas, but one time I roasted some red kidney beans and they got nice and crispy on the outside, and a bit soft on the inside. Today I roasted black beans and got the same awesome results🙌 They go in a Tupperware along with roasted sweet potato, brown rice with soy sauce, avocado, and cucumbers to make a delicious portable lunch🥰🥰
Definitely give this recipe a try if your struggling with school lunches! These bowls would keep in the fridge for up to a week, without the avocado on top. Just slice up a fresh avocado in the morning or the night before to top your bowl👌 Enjoy!!
Crispy Black Bean and Sweet Potato Meal Prep Bowls
Serves: 2 (double or triple the recipe for a whole week of lunches)
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 can of black beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a long English cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the sweet potato and chop it into small cubes. Add them onto a parchment lined baking sheet along with the black beans, and toss everything with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft and caramelized.
- Mix the rice together with the soy sauce. Split it evenly between two containers. Then add half of the sweet potatoes and black beans to each, as well half of the cucumbers and avocado. Store in the fridge until ready to eat!!
Hope you like this simple recipe! See you guys on Friday:)