Hey guys! If you don’t already know, I love corn. And sweet potatoes. And peanut butter. And granola. But today we’re focusing on corn, and this delicious side dish! It’s quick, simple, and so so good:)
Frozen corn is just amazing, guys. It’s so speedy and makes a great addition to any meal or bowl🙌 You know what else it’s good for? Sautéing! To make this corn I started by frying up some onions and peppers, which add flavour and a little something extra👌 Then I added lots of corn and some tasty spices to bring everything together. Delish!
The spices I used include cumin, cayenne powder, garlic powder, paprika and oregano. This gives all the veggies a great Mexican flair, and makes them a great side dish for tacos, or as an add in in a burrito bowl! That would be really good actually now that I think about it. There may be a burrito bowl coming your way soon lol😂
Enjoy this simple but healthy and super tasty Mexican Sautéed Corn!
Mexican Sautéed Corn
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups frozen corn
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprkia
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the onions and peppers, and cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add the corn and all of the spices to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Cook until the water from the frozen corn has evaporated, and the corn gets a bit of char. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the corn warm and enjoy!
Let me know if you try out this recipe! It’s a good one:)