Hey guys! There’s only a week until Christmas time and I’m so ready! I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to wrap my gifts and make them all pretty and it just brings me joy. And you know what else brings me joy? These Chocolate Tahini Snowballs!! They’re super cute and are a great addition to your spread of holiday baking.
I think that bite-sized desserts are honestly the best, because how else are you going to sample all those delicious holiday treats? These Snowballs are the perfect size and are absolutely stunning. They’re rolled in coconut just before baking to give that snowball effect, but the coconut adds so much to the flavour and texture as well. So yum! When you pick up these snowballs, they feel pretty hefty, and so it seems like they’re going to be dense and dry. But when you bite into them you get a warm, fudgy inside that is to die for! The tahini gives such a nice rich and nutty flavour, contrasting the chocolate perfectly. And these little bundles of joy deliver all this while being vegan, oil free, and refined sugar free!
I love how simple these are to make too:)) I started by mixing all of the ingredients together in a big bowl, and then rolling out little balls, covering them with coconut, and baking them for just fifteen minutes!! The recipe can easily be doubled if you want double the chocolate-y deliciousness, and why wouldn’t you? So yeah, these are amazing if you need a festive recipe in a pinch, or are just looking for a quick and healthy dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth. They would be great next to some of my Ginger Oat Cookies– just sayin.
I hop you enjoy these bite-sized holiday treats! They’re so fun to make and to eat:))
Chocolate Tahini Snowballs
Serves: Makes about 10 Snowballs
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup oat flour (blended oats)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used organic)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except for the coconut, together in a large bowl.
- Scoop out tablespoon fulls of the mixture and roll into balls using your hands.
- Dump the coconut onto a small plate, and roll the balls around in it until they are completely covered.
- Place the snowballs on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy!!
Make sure you come back for more delicious holiday recipes next week!!!