It’s that time of year again- we’re halfway through 2020 which means it’s time to sit down and reflect on what the year has been like so far. I for one always do this in my bullet journal, because it’s a great place to keep track of all of my goals and write down my thoughts. I started doing a mid-year review just last year, since I had a couple of extra pages after June and thought, why not? I liked it a lot and so this year I made sure to reserve two pages at the end of this month.
I don’t think I wrote a whole post about my Mid-Year Review from last year, but here’s what it looked like:
For my review this year I kept many of the same elements, although I used the colour scheme from my 2020 Set-Up , and I printed off a bunch more olive branches too. I love this “base” theme that I have going on for the whole year- I don’t know what I’ll do next year! Anyways, I did a cute quote page and then on the opposite page I have a bunch of reflection questions to see where I’m at:
I love the way it looks;)) I switched up the reflection questions this year, and that’s what I want this post to be about: the questions. Down below I’m going to provide you with a list of 20 questions that you can ask yourself as we approach the mid-way point of 2020. You can choose a few to answer that jump out at you, or answer them all! I think it’s really good to check in with yourself and your goals, and see what you can improve on. Especially because of the crazy times that we’ve all been going through, we need to reset and re-evaluate what’s going on in our lives. So take some time to sit down and think about how you’re feeling about your current situation, and what you can do to improve it. And of course, make your review pretty! I love doing stuff like this when I can embellish it a little. Here’s my master list!
20 Mid-Year Review Questions
- What are some things that you’ve accomplished so far that you’re proud of?
- What are some things that you still want to accomplish?
- If you chose a word that you want to define 2020, how are you embodying that word? If not, choose a word and ask yourself what you can do to embody it for the rest of the year.
- What have you loved about 2020 so far?
- How have you been looking after yourself?
- How have you been able to give back this year? How can you give back for the rest of the year?
- What have you been doing to nourish your soul, body and mind?
- What are some areas that you feel you’ve been struggling in? How can you improve in those areas?
- Do you feel like something is holding you back? What is it?
- How can you move past any fears you have right now?
- One year from now, what would your future self wish you had been doing right now? How about 5 or ten years from now?
- How do you feel about the goals you set for this year? Look back on them, make any necessary adjustments, and create a plan for how you will tackle each one.
- What do you want to remember most clearly about 2020?
- What is something that you want to learn about over the next six months?
- What do you want to do less of this year?
- What do you want to do more of this year?
- On a scale of 1 to ten, how do you feel about the past six months? What number do you want to define the year, and how can you get there?
- What would it take for you to feel that 2020 was successful?
- How does 2020 fit in to your long-term hopes and dreams?
- In an ideal world, where do you see yourself on December 31, 2020? Write that down and put it somewhere where you can see it each day. Think about what it will take to be where your ideal you is.
There you go! I might go through some more of these myself separately, because there are some good ones for goal setting in there. Hope these questions help you out and I’ll see you tomorrow!