Before you ask, Karen, I know I’ve done breakfast bowl posts lately, but they’re just so good. If I keep making freaking awesome breakfasts, am I not supposed to share them?!!?? Didn’t think so. Yes, these protein oats fall into the awesome category, and yes, you get to see the recipe.
I’ve just been really into the protein powder recently, as you can tell by my recipe for Mini Berry Protein Muffins, which you should DEFINITELY check out. It makes stuff super creamy and adds a nice flavour. And adds protein😂 Usually I’ll add a scoop to my morning smoothie bowl, but today I didn’t have any frozen bananas at the ready, so I tried these Vanilla Protein Oats!
They’re super simple and taste AMAZING (like most of my recipes, tbh). These oats will definitely fill you up and fuel you through your day! (I need this because of this pesky little thing called summer school😂) Don’t forget to throw lots toppings on there- toppings MAKE the bowl. Am I right or am I right? I used cherries, bananas, and lots of crunchy peanut butter, which is my new obsession. Any other fruits or nuts or other good stuff also works though, because the base of these oats is vanilla.
In a nutshell: THESE OATS ARE DELISH AND THEY’RE FULL OF PROTEIN AND CARBS AND GOOD STUFF AND YOU SHOULD MAKE THEM EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK AND TOP THEM WITH MORE DIFFERENT AWESOME STUFF EACH DAY. Sign me up!! Enjoy your oats☺️😋😉😉
Vanilla Protein Oats
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Some cherries for topping
- Lots of peanut butter for topping;)
- Mash half of the banana in a small pot, then stir in the oats, protein powder, cinnamon, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer on the stove, then let cook for about 7-8 minutes, until the oats are cooked through. Add more water if needed, because the protein powder sure soaked up a lot!
- Remove the oats from the heat, scoop into a bowl, and top with the rest of the banana, some cherries, and some peanut butter. Yum!!
See you tomorrow with a new post!!:)