Hey there! I just wanted to start off by saying that on Sunday it was my three year blogging anniversary and I didn’t even realize it! I can’t believe it’s been three years already and want to thank you guys for all your support:) I’ve come a long way from just book reviews to lots of food stuff- if you’d like to check out my very first post I’ll put the link here.
So yeah, today we’ve got some Double Pea Fried Quinoa! Olivia is my name and frozen veggies are my GAME. Sorry that was a bit cringy but I just had to assert somehow that I really like using frozen veggies. This dish makes a great side, or base for a bowl or salad. It includes both green peas and chickpeas- hence the double peas. It’s also super speedy and has lots of flavour. Plus the bright greens from the peas and parsley will lift your spirits during the winter months.
I started by frying A LOT of garlic and some onions- you know how I love that garlic. Then I added in the green peas, chickpeas, cooked quinoa, and some parsley, salt and peppered it up, and bang it was done! It’s full of bright, fresh deliciousness and also some protein. And, like most of my recipes, it’s great for meal prep which is a bonus. Today I had this Double Pea Fried Quinoa with some tuna mixed with avocado, sprouts, and hummus for a very tasty and nutritious lunch. Yum:)
I don’t really know what else to say, except that you should probably go and make this right now. Go on!
Double Pea Fried Quinoa
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of frozen green peas
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. And in the onions and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, making sure that the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the frozen peas to a pan and stir until they’re defrosted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and cook for an additional 4 minutes, stirring every once in a while to get even cooking.
- Mix in the parsley, season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and enjoy!!
Simple as that! I hope you enjoy:) I’ll see you on Friday with my December Bullet Journal Set-Up! It’s a good one:))